Changing Lives and Bringing History to Life, One Revolution at a Time!

Kyvon – June 27 Morganfield to Owensboro, KY

Kyvon – Today we arrive in Owensboro, KY. 6/26

Before we actually got into Owensboro, about twenty miles out, we met some local fellow cyclists that escorted us into Owensboro, they were Donnie and Dan. One of the cyclists, Donnie, was just as fast as Mr.Brogden (finally there was someone who could keep up with him).  They were on recumbent bikes and they were really decked out.  When we reached a stop he told us that he was going 26 miles per hour. We were rushing because it looked like it was about to pour rain any second.  We were almost a mile from the city hall (that’s where we were supposed to meet the Mayor Pro temp) it started to pour rain.  It was like a hurricane, it was crazy but it was a blast!  We all got soaking wet, except for Mr.Brogden, who stopped at a gas station to stay out of the rain.

When we finally arrived at City Hall, we went up stairs to meet the Mayor Pro Temp, Mrs. Pamela L. Smith-Wright.  She was nice enough to give us Subway lunch and tell about the construction projects they were doing downtown.  After lunch, we rode our bikes to the city’s local YMCA to shower.  We didn’t have time because the local bike group planned for us to ride one of their city transit buses and take a tour around Owensboro. While taking the tour, the bus driver told us about all the famous people from Owensboro, and how Ragu pasta sauce is made there.  When the tour was over we went and checked out our rooms for the night at Kentucky Wesleyan College. 

We then went to the Mayor Pro Temp’s house to eat dinner, she made us fried chicken, green beans, rice, apple pies, and more. This was one of the best home cooked meals I’ve had.  The fried chicken was banging!  While we were eating, we happened to be watching the news, and we saw that we were on t.v. because an interview that happened earlier in the day at city hall.  More people came to the mayors house to greet us and spend time with us.  It was nice.

When we were finished, we went back to the dorms that were given to us for the night.  After we fixed up our rooms we all started to play billiards, then Suepinda came in and played with Mahlique, against Ibn and Itza, and after a long game, and a long talk about all the places we’ve been so far, Suepinda and Mahlique won. Today was a long, hard day but it was fun because we made the best of it and many people helped make it great!

Sent from my iPod


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s